Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I had a bad day today.  I know I usually don't have bad news in my posts but today I do.  I moved Dolly's litter into our milk room yesterday because it is insulated and warmer than the rabbitry.  I put a blanket over her cage and a heater in there and everything.  This morning when I went out to do chores, I found one of the kits had died and the other one was really cold and barely alive.  I brought them into the house and Mom and I desperately tried to revive them but they just got too cold.  *sigh*   Gee.... this is the worst day I've had since I started my rabbitry last February.  It was so hard for me!  You can imagine.  And what's worse is I had people waiting for these bunnies and I feel so bad about it, knowing that they were so excited to have bunnies soon.  And it was probably hard being there was only two kits and not a lot of body heat to share.  
So, I'm feeling really discouraged, but I'm going to try, try again!  Tomorrow morning I breed Bella and I will probably try again with Dolly sometime.
It's hard to lose babies.  It was a really horid feeling reaching into a cold nest instead of the usually warm one.  But I did learn some things and I guess this is just all part of the process.  :(  

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost the babies. I always feel so defeated when that happens. :( Winter is a tough season for little ones, keep trying!

Emily said...

Thanks Julie! :) I'll keep on trying. :)

Grama Berry said...

Hi Em, so sorry to read about your babies. You take such good care of them. These things happen. God must of been in need of some HOTOS. Keep trying, your the best mom to them. They will make you happy again. Love you!!!!!