Thursday, March 15, 2012

Keeping Busy

Not that this has much to do with rabbits, but there is never a dull moment on the farm!  Right now we are just getting into lambing season.... yaay!  Baby seasons are my favorite of the whole year, delivering lambs and kids is my specialty... LOL!  We had twins last night, but unfortunately something went wrong and they were stillborn.  :(  So the poor momma had a really tough time... the baby wasn't positioned right, and Dad ended up having to  go and "straighten things out", literally.  :(   I hate when that happens, talk about intense!  :(  Poor girl, but she's doing much better now.  This morning we had another set of healthy, happy, live twins, a boy and a girl!  They are doing really good and I can't wait for more!  I was so mad cuz I got there right after she had them... missed it!  Oh well, next time.  :)  We'll probably be posting pictures on our farm blog, that is http://housmanfarms.blogspot.com   :)  We are also tapping trees right now, so we're adding that to the list of fun spring projects!  Ahhh, love this time of year.  :)

Anyhow, here are some pictures from this morning.

CC's Babies... fat and happy!  They are doing really well.



One of the pet Easter bunnies.  Such a sweetie!

CC nursing babies

Dolly and babies enjoying breakfast.

Cutie pie! 


We'll see how much posting I get done the next few days and weeks.... I'll probably be in the barn delivering lambs.  :)

No comments: