Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dolly is Bred

It's about time!  That little rascal of a Dolly has refused, refused, refused, and REFUSED all winter to be bred!  But last night I brought her in the house for the night in a pet carrier, thanks to a suggestion from Lindsey at 4 Kings Rabbitry .  So, this morning, what do you know but she cooperated for Comic!  I am really, really, realllllllly happy to get her bred.  She makes such nice babies (Mickey is her kiddo) so I'm thrilled to have more babies from her in a month, hopefully!  Well.... at least she got a nice long break from mothering!  ;)  Hopefully she enjoyed her long vacation.  :)  As for me, I'm glad to be back in business again.  Looking forward to more babies! 

4 comments:

Hendricks Hearth said...

Yay Dolly! Glad she cooperated this time around. :)

Emily said...

Thanks! :) I'm glad too! =) How are your babies doing? I hope everything is going great with them!

The Kings said...

Yay!! So glad to hear that, you know I was reading an article in the DH newsletter about how temperature affects the does more than it does length of light. Sounds like Dolly agrees with that bit of info. ;-) You'll have cuties in time for Valentines.

Emily said...

I remember reading that in the newsletter too, Lindsey! :) There was a lot of interesting info in it. =D