Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bella's Babies

Bella's babies are doing terrific.  In a few days to a week I will tip over the nest box and they will have the run of the cage.  I'm getting a little nervous about them at this stage.... they are getting a little naughty and like to crawl out of the nest and if they jump out (which they like to do at this stage), I don't think it would be very nice to find a cold baby on the wire in the morning....   =(   So I'm keeping a close eye on them and hopefully they will behave. 
Anyways, here's a photo of one of the fat, furry lil' things.  :)

Bella has done a great job with them.  I've noticed she's been a little protective, which of course is a good thing.  But the other night I was showing them to Dad, and she gave me a nice little reminder with a little nip on my finger!  NOT the normal, sweet and gentle Bella, but I think she was reminding me, "these are MY babies, not YOURS!"  :)  Anyways, she's a great momma, and apprently thinks she's better than me.  :)  Which might be true, of course.  :)

No comments: