Sunday, April 1, 2012

Organizing the Rabbitry

I was able to work on some organizing and re-organizing in the rabbitry this afternoon.  I did some de-junking and then added a bunch more "junk" from my latest shopping "spree" (eleven whole dollars spent).  It looks pretty nice in there now, I'm pretty happy with it.... now I just need to scrub cages, the easy part (haha.)  I'm trying to do a spring cleaning, just not all at once because that would take a momentously ginormous amount of time.  :)




I got my shelf all organized.... ahhhh. :)

It was so beautiful out today so I had both the windows open... it is
so nice having a nice big window to let in all that fresh air in
the rabbitry!

Other news..... I don't recall if I've written on here about my "adventures" with Zahara or not.... but anyhow, after she had that awful bout with.... well, whatever it was, (I never did make a confirmed guess) something nasty, she had problems like mushy droppings, very yuck.  I figured out that it was the feed, pellets, that was doing that to her.  She has been off pellets for quite a few weeks now, just getting veggies, greens, and oats.  ...And, she's been making TREMENDOUS improvement... in her type, overall health, and her droppings are normal... YAAY!  Anyways, I tried putting her back on pellets that last few days and.... everything came back.  She got a runny nose, started wheezing, and got diarrhea. UGH!  So, forget the pellets for now, I guess.  I still have to figure out a balanced diet for her, though.  I know she needs a lot of protein so I need to find foods high in protein.  Still working on that part....
I figured some vitamin D wouldn't hurt anything though, so she got some time out in one of the big cages in the grass in the SUN today.  She's such a cutie, and she loved it.  :)  And I let her run around in the grass while I was sitting there.  She's so tame and sweet, and a cuddle bug!  :)   
VITAMIND D TIME!  :)

I'M LOVING ALL THE GREEN GRASS.... OUR PASTURES NEVER LOOK
THIS AWESOME IN MARCH!!!




SUCH A CUTIE.  LOVE THIS GIRL.  <3

 


No comments: